Add or change animation effects on text or objects.
After you apply an animation effect, you can change its properties in the Animation task pane.
To apply animation effects
- In the slide edit window, select the object you want to apply the animation effect.
- In the animation effect image collection of the Animation tab, select More Motion Path Effects.
- When the Change Motion Path Animation Effect dialog box appears, select “Diamond” in the Basic Path group, and then click Apply.
- The motion path of the object appears as a diamond-shaped dotted line in the edit window.
- To run the animation when you click the mouse, right-click the animation effect you want in the Animation task pane list, and then select Timing in the context menu.
- In the Timing tab of the Animation dialog box, select On Mouse Click in Start.
- Select Medium in Duration.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for all objects you want to set animation.
- If you set animation on more than one object, click the arrow icon ( ) in the Animation task pane to specify the animation orders.
- When you are finished, click Play. You can check the animation run right from the edit window.
- You can also run Slide Show > From Current Slide or Slide Show > Rehearse Timings to check the effects you have set.
About With previous effect option
Animation effects related to rotation and shape changes can be applied at the same time in Show, but the effects related to changing size may not work even if With previous effect applied.