Print envelopes using mail merge
- Go to File>New
- Go to Mailings>Envelopes.
- Leave the Delivery address box blank or type a sample address to test how an envelope looks when printed.
- Type your address in the Return address box.
- Select Options>Envelope Options and do the following:
• Choose the size that matches your envelope or choose Custom size to set size.
• If needed, choose a font and the left and top offset position for Delivery address and Return address, and then choose OK.
- Choose Change Document, and then choose Yes to save the return address as the default address.
- Go to Mailings>Select Recipients.
- You can Open an Existing List or Choose from Outlook Contacts.
• If you'd like to open an Existing List, select Open an Existing List, locate the list, and choose Open.
• If you want to use your Outlook contacts, make sure Outlook is your default email program.
- If needed, choose Edit Recipient List to make any changes.
- Place your cursor where you want the address block to go.
- Go to Mailings > Address Block and choose a format, and then choose OK.
- Go to File > Save to save your merge document.
- Do a final check before you print the envelopes.
- If you want, choose Preview Results and use Next or Previous button to move through a few records in your data source to see how they look.
- Choose Finish/Merge > Print Documents.
Mail merge: Match Fields
If any part of your address is missing, you may need to match the mail merge fields in Word to the columns in your Recipient List.
- Go to Mailings > Match Fields.
- The Match Fields dialog box opens. The elements of an address and greeting are listed on the left. Column headings from your data file are listed on the right.
- In the list on the right, select the column from your data file that matches the element on the left, and then choose OK.