When you switch Track Changes on, you can identify changes made to documents with ease.
You can display insertions, deletions, formatting changes and insert comments as you review the document and apply different display settings to individual reviewers to view changes made by reviewers.
To switch on track changes
- Open the document you wish to edit.
- Click Review > Track Changes.
- Make changes to the document. The changes are displayed in the edit window, and distinguished from the original content.
Tip: You can apply different display settings to individual reviewers to view changes made by reviewers
Switching off Track Changes without accepting or rejecting the changes made keeps the changes in the edit window along with the original content. However, changes made from that point on are not tracked.
Clicking Track Changes: Ongoing or Track Changes: Stopped on the status bar switches on or off Track Changes.
This feature allows you to specify the change indication color, balloon tip size, connector color, and connector position settings.
You can also assign different settings for inserted segments, deleted segments, and individual reviewers to achieve greater collaboration efficiency.
To set change tracking options
- Click Review > Change Tracking Options > Change Tracking Options.
- From the Change Tracking Options dialog box, specify the markup for insertions and deletions, track formatting, and balloon tip settings.
- Click OK.