This feature can search through the active document for format selected by the user in Private Info Options and replaces found instances with characters specified by the user. It does not replace all information regardless of the type of information, but replace specific information with specific characters by selecting its type such as address, account number and so on.
To search and replace
- Click File > New and enter data.
- Click Review > Replace Private Info > Search/Replace.
- From the Protect Private Info dialog box, select Phone and E-mail from Private Info Options and click Replace All.
- All instances of phone numbers and e-mail addresses found in the document are replaced with ***.
- As the characters were simply replaced with ***, you can delete the change or replace it with other characters.