You can apply a multilevel list to create an outline.
To change multilevel styles
- Place the cursor at the paragraph to apply multilevel list and select Home > Multilevel List to select multilevel list from the list.
- The multilevel list is applied to the current paragraph.
- Place the cursor anywhere at the multilevel list paragraph and click Home > Multilevel List > Multilevel List Styles.
- In the Multilevel List Styles dialog box, select "A, B, C,..." as a multilevel style to use.
- Click OK to change the multilevel style of the selected paragraph to the selected style.
To change list level
- Type content in the edit window and click the Multilevel List icon () in the Home tab.
- Place the cursor on the second paragraph and click the drop-down arrow of Multilevel List in the Home tab.
- Select the level you want to change under Change List Level.
- The list level changes to the selected level.