With this feature, you can designate a document password so that no one can open and modify the file without it. The document file opens only when the document password is typed correctly.
To set document password up
- Click File > Document Password.
- In the Set Password to Open/Modify dialog box, type a password in Password to Open and Password to Modify and then click OK.
- Type the password of Password to Open in the Confirm Password dialog box to verify it. Do the same for the second confirmation of Password to Modify.
Note: You must remember the password because the file cannot be opened or modified if you lose it.
- Click OK. The password is set for the active document.
- Click File > Save. The password will be set in the file.
To open a document with a password
- Click File > Open, and select a document with a password.
- In the Confirm Password dialog box, type the password and click OK.
- The document opens if the password is typed correctly. If not, a message about incorrect password is displayed and the document will not be opened.